The process of buying or selling a business can be extremely stressful and complex, as there are myriad considerations including business valuations and financing issues. The process differs significantly for the purchase and sale of a business depending upon whether the company is publicly traded or privately held, and depending on the type of business entity structure and the form of the sale.
At Lotzar Law Firm, P.C., we have represented both buyers and sellers in transactions where a business changes hands. We are experienced negotiators and have a deep understanding of business transactions that we can bring to the table to help facilitate the effective transition of your business. Call today to speak with a member of our legal team who can assist with all aspects of transferring the ownership of a business organization.
A Business Law Attorney Can Assist in Buying and Selling a Business
The purchase or sale of a business requires not just negotiation skills but also an understanding of regulatory restrictions and requirements, the ability to draft comprehensive contracts that identify and allocate risk, address contingencies, and an understanding of financial matters involved in the transaction.
At Lotzar Law Firm, P.C., our attorneys have helped investors, entrepreneurs and large and small businesses with the purchase and sale of public and private companies. We represent clients in both mergers and business acquisitions and can represent both buyers and sellers. Our attorneys can assist in a variety of ways throughout the transaction including:
- Preparation for Sale. Preparation for a sale pays off, but requires prior planning and implementation well in advance of marketing a business for sale. Our attorneys can assist with preparing a business for sale largely by making the business’ activities and profitability easy for prospective buyers to analyze and evaluate.
- Business valuations. While the valuation of publicly traded companies presents minimal challenge, it is much more difficult to determine an accurate assessment of the worth of a privately-held business. Our attorneys can assist with the business valuation process, helping you to develop a comprehensive picture of the value of goodwill, brand recognition, corporate assets and intellectual property.
- Negotiations of stock purchase agreements, asset purchase agreements and other contracts in consideration of sales. Our attorneys are skilled negotiators who know how to look out for the long and short-term goals of your business while facilitating an agreement.
- Due diligence, including ensuring the business has complied with state, federal and local laws and ensuring that the location is zoned properly for the acquired business.
- Drafting purchase agreements and security agreements. Agreements must be written carefully to avoid pitfalls and address possible future contingencies. We will identify risks and draft comprehensive, detailed agreements that will be effective and enforceable.
Whether the transition of the business interests involves a stock purchase; an asset-only purchase; a merger or any other deal where a business changes hands, our attorneys are here to help.
Contact our Business Law Attorneys in Arizona Today
Lotzar Law Firm, P.C. has represented clients in countless transactions involving the transition of a business to a new owner. Our business law attorneys in Arizona understand the importance of protecting the long-term viability of the business and of meeting your goals and protecting your interests throughout the transfer process. We will advise you of risks and help you to explore opportunities to make the purchase or sale of the business a success. Call us today at 480-905-0300 x103 or use our online contact form to speak with a member of our legal team and learn more about how our business law attorneys in Arizona can assist you in buying and selling a business.