Construction projects can present myriad challenges and the rights and responsibilities of all parties must be clearly outlined before work begins. Whether you are entering into a construction project for the renovation or rehabilitation of an existing property or a new construction project, it is essential to have the right legal representation.
The Lotzar Law Firm, P.C. has extensive experience representing clients in the negotiation, drafting and interpretation of construction contracts. Our construction contracts attorneys in Arizona bring both legal knowledge and strong business backgrounds to the table to help get the transaction done and contracts signed while focused on protecting your rights based on the express contract terms. Call today to schedule your consultation and learn how our attorneys can assist with all matters related to your construction contract.
A Construction Contract Lawyer Can Help
The Lotzar Law Firm, P.C. can assist with a variety of matters related to construction contracts including:
- Time and materials contracts: As a hybrid of fixed-price and cost reimbursement contracts, time and materials contracts present a higher risk to buyers and a lower risk to contractors. When negotiating a time and materials contract, it is essential to have clear specifications for materials to be used in the work as well as for the scope of the labor to be performed.
- Design/build contracts: Design/build contracts are an alternative to design/bid/build, and can streamline the construction process. A clearly defined design/build contract allowing for unified work flow can result in a better finished outcome provided the contract is negotiated by an experienced legal professional who understand that the agreement should be as comprehensive as possible.
- Interpretation and negotiation of AIA Forms: AIA Forms are among the most widely used forms in construction projects throughout the United States. The use of AIA forms can streamline and expedite the contract negotiation process because of the familiarity of architects and construction professionals with the forms. However, the documents may provide more protection to architects and less to lenders and developers. Provisions of AIA forms must be understood by all parties prior to entering into an agreement and AIA forms can be used as a starting point from which a revised contractual agreement is developed. Lotzar Law Firm, P.C. can advise you on interpreting AIA forms and negotiate to modify provisions and develop a contract protecting your rights.
- Contracts related to fixtures, furniture and equipment (FF&E): Movable fixtures and equipment have no permanent connection to building structures but can still be an important factor in construction and rehabilitation contracts. Lotzar Law Firm, P.C. brings experience with FF&E negotiations to your construction contract negotiations.
- Solar contracts: Solar energy is increasingly popular throughout the United States, especially in Texas, Arizona, Utah and other high-sun regions. Solar contracts can be negotiated at the start of your construction project and can become part of comprehensive construction plans.
Bringing in a construction project on-time and on-budget can be a challenge, and the construction contract must address all contingencies. A well-negotiated contract that is sufficiently protective of your rights is instrumental to the overall success of every project. The Lotzar Law Firm, P.C. provides invaluable legal advice with a focus on helping to achieve your long-term goals and facilitate a positive development experience.
Contact our Experienced Construction Contracts Attorneys in Arizona Today
The Lotzar Law Firm, P.C. can assist with all matters related to construction and development of commercial and residential property development, from site selection and zoning questions to the negotiation of a comprehensive construction contract. Call us today at 480-905-0300 x103 or get in touch using our online contact form to speak with an experienced member of our legal team and learn more about how we can represent you.