Nationally known for developing innovative and strategic methods, Mr. Lotzar is often called upon to address groups or lead workshops related to housing credits, finance and other related legal topics. This list is representative of the organizations and companies that have asked Mr. Lotzar to address their members:
- Arizona Department of Housing – Annual Housing Forum – Topic: Industrial Development Authority Financing – approximately 150 attendees.
- Arizona Housing Alliance -Bond Financing Conference – Topic: Financing Affordable Housing – approximately 150 attendees.
- National Council of State Housing Agencies – Housing Credit Conference – June 22-24, 2005 – Topic: Blending Subsidies – HOME and HUD – approximately 1,500 attendees.
- National Council of State Housing Agencies – Housing Credit Conference – June 22-25, 2004 – Topic: Tax Exempt Bonds with Tax Credit – approximately 1,500 attendees.
- National Native American Tribal Finance Conference – February 18-20, 2004 – Topic: Financing Housing in Indian Country including Tax-Exempt Bonds and Tax Credits – approximately 150 attendees.
- Reznick, Fedder & Silverman, PC, CPA’s Western Regional Developers Conference – May 29-30, 2003 – Topic: Current Challenges in the Market – approximately 110 attendees.
- Smith’s Native American Indian Finance Conference – conducted at the Foxwoods Resort May 14-15, 2003 – Topic: Public Finance in Indian Country – approximately 450 attendees.
- Low Income Housing Tax Credit Application Workshop – cosponsored with Boston Capital – April 9, 2003 – Topic: Current Challenges in the Market – approximately 40 attendees.
- Annual Meeting of Kirkpatrick Pettis Investment Banking Firm –February 27, 2003 – Topic: Survey of Current Issues in Capital Markets – approximately 70 attendees.
- Bank of America, N.A.February 21, 2003 – Topic: Public Finance in Indian Country – approximately 75 attendees.
- How to develop infrastructure with public financing – cosponsored by Ernst & Young LLP –December 5, 2002– approximately 100 attendees.
- Numerous presentations related to the Apache Dawn transaction – utilizing the HUD Section 184 Program, including the Tucson Metropolitan Housing Conference – May 2002.
- Tax-exempt financing of Manufacturing Facilities Workshop – cosponsored by GMAC, GE Capital and Comerica Bank – June 28, 2001 – approximately 100 attendees.
- The Industrial Development Authority of the County of Maricopa Affordable Housing Finance Workshops March 2, 2001 – approximately 450 attendees.
Mr. Lotzar also serves as an expert witness on complex financings during court proceedings related to tax-exempt bonds, low-income housing tax credit fundings, and U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development financings.